Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Breaking Dawn is Finally Here!!!

My sisters Jessica, Catherine, Megan and I have all read the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer and on August 1st there was a party at Borders to celebrate the release of the last book Breaking Dawn! So Catherine and I made us all t-shirts that said "My heart (with a heart) belongs to AJ but my neck belongs to Edward". Edward is the main male character in the books and is also a vampire.
The back of our shirts said "Bite Me" with an apple in the middle! Once again they turned out so cute and we were very proud. (For those of you who haven't read the books Bella the main girl character wants Edward to bite her and make her a vampire too, thats why this is funny!)


When we got to Borders around 10:00 it was total madness, there were so many people there I was amazed! I soon found out that while I think I am a little obsessed with these books I am no where near some of these girls who have them practally memorized! They did a t-shirt contest and it was fun to see all the things people came up with.



It was so funny because after spending 2 hours at Borders then we found out that we would have to wait in line after the 900 other people who had pre-ordered the book to get it so we went right over to the nearest Walmart and got it! Thanks Jessica and Catherine for going with me and being silly! We missed you Meg!



4 comments:

Shawn and Lanie said...

That is the coolest thing. I wish I was as close with my sisters as you guys are. You are very lucky cherish that always. I would love to read those books, I guess I need to go buy them. Mark will be home as Christmas too for a short visit. Good luck on your adventure.

Andrea said...

Haha... you guys are funny! So did you win the contest?? What won?

Beth Benson said...

i love it! everyone is so into that series...i havent even picked it up... cute cute shirts!

Karissa said...

IM SO JEALOUS! First off I want a shirt and second im still trying to get through eclipse. Props on already finishing the 4th book:)

ps.. congrats on the date night at melting pot. That place is the best!!