Sunday, November 23, 2008

Twilight the Movie

Ok so Natalie and I and a coulpe of girls from the MBASA went and saw Twilight on Saturday. It was really fun to go and see a chick flick and have some fun with just the girls. I really liked the movie and didn't like it at the same time, but still want to see it again soon. I think my cousin Kristy said it best when she said it was low budget, over acted, totally cheesey, and perfect! I think that maybe I didn't like it because I love the book so much and so much is left out, as with every book that gets turned into a movie. I liked the interaction between Bella and Edward (oh Edward you are so hot!) but didn't like that you really didn't get to know the Cullen's very well. I love Alice in the books and she really isn't even one of the main characters that I wanted her to be in the movie. Aj kept telling me not to have high expectations so that I wouldn't be dissappointed, so that is exactly what I did. I loved to go and see the book in movie form but honestly my imagination is just so much better! Still with all that said I know it is silly to say but I really like it over all and will probably have to own it and see it again with whoever is willing! Oh and I looked on the twilight moms website and it made 70.6 million this weekend and so they will be making New Moon, Hooray!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I loved the movie even if it was a little cheesey! I would love to go to the zoo on Wed. What time are you going to go? Call me

Stock Family said...

I totally agree about the movie. I loved it but it was cheesy! Hopefully New Moon is better.

Reid and Brittney said...

I agree with your opinion, but I overall loved it. I am going to see it again probably next week with a friend who couldn't go the other night. I am so excited for the next movie. Woo hoo!!!

The Slider Family said...

Amen cousin! I ended up getting invited by some ladies in the Ward to see the midnight showing, and since my sisters were seeing it down in AZ without me, I went. I felt like the parts that were from the book were rushed and they focused on the made-up parts. There was so much left out, like the ending for one. But just like you, I can't wait to see it again.

aj perkins said...

I know what you mean about the movie. I still loved it though and can't wait for New Moon to come out, I hope they hurry and I hope it's even better. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!